Preparation of Manuscripts
Author Instructions for Preparing Manuscripts for Both Oral and Poster Presentations
Congratulations on having your work accepted for presentation at the 2016 IRPS. Below are full instructions for producing your manuscript.
The conference code to use when you log on the site to upload your manuscript is irps16(case sensitive).
2016 KEY DATES
- Feb 13 – Send draft of manuscript to session chairs/mentor (mandatory for first time IRPS presentors)
- Mar 9 – Deadline to upload final manuscript, bio and copyright form due
- Mar 9 – Deadline for presenting authors to register for the symposium
- Mar 20 – Send powerpoint presentation to session chairs for A/V guideline compliance check (oral presentations only)
- Apr 10 – Deadline to upload final version of powerpoint presentation
Preparing Draft of Manuscript
Use the manuscript template in .doc for your manuscript to prepare your draft for either an oral or poster presentation. The suggested length of a paper that accompanies a platform presentation is 6 pages, and there is a 10 page limit. The suggested length of a paper that accompanies a poster presentation is 4 pages, and there is a 6 page limit.
Be sure to read the instructions for creating your source file for submission to the IRPS Final Submission site. The IRPS submission site will convert your source file to an IEEE Xplore compliant file.
Once you have received feedback from your mentor and made the necessary corrections, read the instructions on how to upload your final manuscript. Then log onto the IRPS submission site (This site will be available by January 13.).
Author Registration for Symposium – Must Register by March 8.
In order for a manuscript to be published in the symposium proceedings, it is required that the presenting author register for and attend the symposium to deliver the oral or poster presentation. It is strongly recommended that the paper’s first author be the presenter, although a co-author may serve in this role if the first author is unavailable. Once again, the presenting author must register by March 8.