2016 IRPS Workshops
The Workshops are scheduled for Tuesday, April 19, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
There will be sign-up sheets at the symposium for the attendees, and will place the sessions with the highest attendance in the largest rooms.
- Transistor / Circuits, Moderator TBD
- BEOL, Ki-Don and Gavin Hall, OnSemi
- Compound, Jungwoo Joh, Texas Instruments, Toshi Kikkawa Transphorm, Jose Jimenez, Qorvo
- System Reliability, Moderator TBD
- Advanced CPI, Moderator TBD
- Memory, Moderator TBD
Detailed descriptions of the topics can be found below.
Workshop chairs and co-chairs will prepare opening remarks to the workshop attendees in their session. IRPS will provide AV equipment as necessary (overheads and/or projectors). Notes taken by group volunteer during the discussions will be uploaded to the IRPS web-site and/or the LinkedIn site.
Tuesday, April 19. 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Transistor / Circuit
WS.1 – Advanced CMOS Nodes (FDSOI, FinFET) usage for High Reliability Markets from Device and Design
Moderator: Puneet Gupta, UCLA
WS.2 – Challenges for EM and SM / Test Time / Power Management
Challenges for EM & SM / Test time / Power management
- Scaling trends and challenges for EM and SM, IR drop, barrier options and Blech Effect, 7nm and beyond
- Best test method and structure to reduce test time
- Power EM and interaction with package Integrated power and on die power management
Thermal effect/thermal mechanism concerns
Moderators: Ki-Don and Gavin Hall, OnSemi
WS.3 – GaN Reliability – What is Missing? What Should be Looked at Beyond What’s Already Known?
Moderators: Jungwoo Joh (Texas Instruments), Toshi Kikkawa (Transphorm), Jose Jimenez (Qorvo)
WS.4 – Design for Reliability for Internet of Things
Moderator: Shalabh Tandon, Edmund Lee, Intel
WS.5 – 2.5/3D Packaging
Moderator: Chandrasekara Kothandaraman, IBM
WS.6 – Memory Reliability for Automotive Application
Moderator: Ben Schmid, NXP
WS.7 – MOL Reliability
Moderator: Richard Southwick, Ernest Wu, IBM